Leva is an app that supports expectant and new moms with research-backed articles, tracking features, and virtual consultations with experts. By tracking feeding and growth, the app helps establish a feeding routine, monitor baby’s growth, provide peace of mind, identify potential issues early, and communicate concerns with healthcare providers. Leva also offers essential reads and a library of meditations to support mental and emotional well-being. We’ve sat down with the team behind Leva app to find out more.
As moms, our concern is often focused on others:
- “Is my baby getting enough to drink?”
- “Is my baby gaining enough weight?”
- “Is my baby reaching their milestones?”
While our shame is focused on ourselves:
- Why can’t I just breastfeed? It’s supposed to be natural.
- Am I a bad mom if I feed my baby formula?
- What is wrong with me?
There is so much unnecessary and unhelpful divisiveness around infant feeding, it can be hard to get a factual answer. In addition, parents may have strong beliefs and values about what is best for their baby, which can sometimes conflict with the opinions of others.
Another factor is that there is a great deal of conflicting information and advice about infant feeding, which can be overwhelming and confusing for new parents. This information can come from various sources, including healthcare professionals, family and friends, and the media, and it may not always be evidence-based or consistent.
Additionally, societal and cultural pressures may influence infant feeding practices, such as the belief that breast milk is the “gold standard” of infant nutrition or the pressure to conform to certain parenting norms or expectations. Every family’s feeding journey is unique, and there is no one “right” way to feed a baby. At Leva, we advocate that parents make informed decisions based on their own values, beliefs, and the guidance of trusted healthcare professionals.
We are here to support new moms every step of the way. We leverage scientific, research-backed data to craft articles that support expectant and new moms so they can make the best decisions for themselves and their babies. No judgment. Just support.
Breastfeeding and caring for a baby can be overwhelming, and even the most prepared parents can forget important details like which breast their baby last fed on or when their baby last ate or had a bowel movement. While these details may not be critical, they can add unnecessary worry and stress.
With the help of the Leva app, tracking your baby’s feeding and growth becomes much easier. Instead of trying to remember everything on your own, the Leva app provides a convenient and reliable way to keep track of important details.
The Leva app is designed to support expectant mothers and mothers of babies aged 0-12 months by assisting them with information on-demand and connecting them with experts in all forms of baby feeding, physical fitness, sleep, and mental wellness.
One of the key features of the Leva app is the ability to track various aspects of your baby’s feeding, including nursing, pumping, bottle-feeding, and diaper changes. While tracking may seem tedious, it actually provides many benefits to both you and your baby. Here are some of the benefits of tracking breastfeeding, pumping, and more with the Leva app:
It Helps You Establish a Feeding Routine
1. Newborns require frequent feedings, and it can be challenging to keep track of when your baby last ate. By tracking your baby’s feedings with the Leva app, you can establish a feeding routine that works for you and your baby. The app allows you to track the time spent nursing or pumping from each breast, the quantity of breast milk you pump per session, and the number of bottles and amount of fluid your baby drinks. By keeping track of these details, you can ensure that your baby receives enough nutrition and establish a feeding routine that works for both of you.
2. Additionally, tracking diaper changes is an important aspect of monitoring a baby’s health. Wet diapers indicate that a baby is getting enough fluids, while bowel movements can indicate possible digestive issues or other health concerns. By tracking diaper changes, mothers can detect potential problems early and seek appropriate medical attention.
It Helps You Monitor Your Baby’s Growth
3. Tracking your baby’s growth is important to ensure they are healthy and developing at a normal rate. With the Leva app, you can track your baby’s growth by height, weight, and head size, and see where they are on the WHO growth curve. The app also provides charts for each item listed above, allowing you to see the progress tracked by day or week. By monitoring your baby’s growth, you can identify any potential issues early and address them with your healthcare provider.
It Provides Peace of Mind
4. Being a new mother can be overwhelming, and it’s easy to worry about whether your baby is getting enough nutrition. By tracking your baby’s feedings and growth with the Leva app, you can gain peace of mind knowing that your baby is receiving enough nutrition and developing normally. You can also share the data with your healthcare provider, who can provide additional support and guidance.
5. In addition to tracking features, Leva offers other resources that can benefit new mothers. The app’s essential reads provide helpful information on various topics, including postpartum care, milk supply, breastfeeding issues, and returning to work. Mothers can also access a library of over 100 meditations to support their mental and emotional well-being.
6. One of Leva’s most valuable resources is the ability to book virtual consultations with lactation consultants, sleep consultants, physical fitness experts, and mental wellness coaches. These professionals can provide personalized advice and support to help mothers navigate the challenges of parenthood.
It Helps You Identify Potential Issues
7. By tracking your baby’s feeding and growth, you can identify potential issues early and address them with your healthcare provider. For example, if your baby is not gaining weight as expected, tracking their feedings can help you identify any issues with milk supply or feeding technique. You can then work with your healthcare provider or Leva’s own lactation consultants (IBCLCs) to address the issue before it becomes more serious.
It Helps You Communicate Issues With Your Healthcare Provider
8. By tracking how often and how much your baby is eating, as well as any concerns you may have about your baby’s growth and development, you can provide important information that can help your healthcare provider assess your baby’s overall health and make recommendations as needed.
Overall, the benefits of tracking breastfeeding, pumping, diaper changes, and baby’s growth cannot be overstated. By using Leva’s tracking features, mothers can ensure that their babies are getting the care they need and monitor their own health as well. With access to a wealth of resources and personalized support from experts, Leva is a must-have app for new mothers and parents of babies aged 0-12 months.