It is important to know that a good nursing bra will help to support and nurture your changing body. Assisting your body by purchasing and wearing well fitted secure nursing lingerie will make all the difference to how you feel.
It is my recommendation that you visit your nearest lingerie boutique, as most women will experience a big shift in both their breast size and body size during this time.
Getting fitted will ensure you are wearing the correct sized nursing bra, which will help to ensure you minimise ligament damage and premature sagging of the breast.
When choosing a nursing bra it is important to understand that a good quality bra will often last longer and support your body better than other cheaper brands.
Cheaper bras do not contain the necessary extras and features that will make breastfeeding a comfortable and an enjoyable experience.
Features to look for in a good, quality-nursing bra are:
– Easy drop down cups for feeding
– A frame sling for modesty and extra support
– Good strong fabrications
– Cotton lined cups for comfort and allow the skin to breath
– Cotton lined straps for comfort and strength
– 6 hooks and eyes to allow for the expansion and contraction of the rib cage
– Double layered back band for extra support and longevity of the product
– Infused lower cups for extra support and lift
– Stretch in the top part of the cup to allow for small fluctuations of the breast
– Nickel free hooks and sliders
– Good quality elastics