As you are probably already aware, the experts say that approximately 80% of women are wearing the incorrect bra size.
There are a few simple tests you can do at home to access whether your bra is fitting you correctly.
Stand in front of the mirror in your current bra:
1. Your nursing bra should fit firmly around your rib-cage.
2. Ensure your straps are not digging into your shoulders. Adjust the straps if needed.
3. The back band should not cut into your back tissue. Loosen the hook and eye as needed. If this is not possible you require a larger band size.
4. Your back band should not ride up your back. It should sit comfortably in a horizontal position. Adjust the hook and eye to achieve this position. If this is not possible, you will need to go down a band size.
5. Importantly, your breasts should not appear to bulge over the top or sides of the cups. If this occurs you need to go up a cup size.
6. Ensure your breasts are filling out the bra cups, and that they fully encompass the bra. The band should fit firmly against your rib-cage. If it pushes forward the cup is too small, you will need to go up a cup size.
7. If your bra cups are not filled out, baggy or loose, we recommend you go down a cup size.
Cake Maternity has a very handy little bra fitting book titled ‘THE MATERNITY BRA BOOK’. This is a great guide and visual reference for all your fitting needs. A copy of this book can be viewed/downloaded in How to Measure Bra Size page.